Thursday, April 28, 2011

Chain Galore (Jon H)

My wife and I have been struggling to focus on our work this week, possibly due to the fact that we just returned from vacation. This turned around for the better yesterday. I have been a bit stressed about having a decent amount of inventory for ThrontonFest, but after yesterday, I don't know why I was worried.

"Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble." [Matt. 6:34]

I completed some bracelets I had crafted with the idea that I would make them in the local school colors. Since the cost of sterling silver has skyrocketed lately, it's not cost effective to make some nice dainty women's necklaces or bracelets. These I made with anodized colored aluminum and brite aluminum:


These will be one of the more abundant chaincrafted stock that we'll carry and will be selling for $10 each. I figure the high school kids will want to wear them.

I made this necklace and my wife kindly informed me it's not a dainty women's necklace:


                  "Heavy is good, heavy is reliable..."
I tried this to see how interesting it is that the copper and brass spiral around in an undending fashion. Sadly it wasn't as great as I thought of it in my head. Not so much the spiraling effect, but that when you put in on it bunches up and curls constantly because it's trying to unwind itself. I ended up undoing the spiral effect and I feel better about it having an owner that wouldn't have to deal with the bunching problem.

Things are coming along smoothly. I have two Knight's Chains to make for my really good friends Mary and Daniel, who run Crossbow and Bolt. They are receiving their Knighthood in archery within Adrian Empire. Before that though, I have this to tackle and it's almost half-way done:


It's good to be busy! Take care and God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment